Saturday 4 December 2010

Dear Apple. No I dont

So I have been given some money to spend on *me*. And i thought I'd get something I otherwise wouldnt  - so i bought an ipad. Only the basic one -16GB +  wifi.I'll see how I ge ton with it. If I use it a lot , I can upgrade.

I have to sync it with itunes

SO WHY DO I HAVE TO SYNC IT WITH ITUNES ?

Some problems with that .

I HAVEN'T USED ITUNES, I DON'T WANT ITUNES, I WON'T USE ITUNES  

It needs a Mac or windows

I DON'T ROUTINELY USE A MAC OR WINDOWS 

So I start up my windows XP VM that I use when I absolutely have to. So I have to install all 78 MB of  itunes (that I'm not going to use). I've managed so far, I'm not going to change just because you force me to sign up. In fact , I'm going to go out of my way NOT to use it. And  it asks me all those stupid questions.



I DON'T WANT OR NEED AN APPLE ID 

and idiot,  its not a username  that you want, its an email address


 I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU CREDIT CARD DETAILS.  

ARE YOU LISTENING ? 

I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU CREDIT CARD DETAILS.


If this is Apples' legendary usability then you know where you can put it. So that's an afternoon of faffing around that I  wont get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment