Thursday 24 November 2011

Ice/SliceChecksumDict.ice

the quick answer

apt-get --reinstall  install l ice33-slice mumble-server

I've got round to upgrading my ubuntu server from lucid to natty.
off it went  -asking the usual questions. 45minutes later and everything seemed to be OK..


But apache didn't start -  no error message when started from the commandline . but this was in the log file

~# tail /var/log/apache2/error.log
    #include 
<Ice/SliceChecksumDict.ice>1 error in preprocessor.
PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start ice module in Unknown on line 0
/usr/share/slice/Murmur.ice:9: error: Can't open include file "Ice/SliceChecksumDict.ice"
    #include 
1 error in preprocessor.
PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start ice module in Unknown on line 0

Google took me here  - I'm not alone .
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zeroc-ice/+bug/551871

The  symlinks were already in   place so that wasnt the answer, so I then went here.  Thankfully  my O-level french was up to it .

http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=520101
and the answer

apt-get --reinstall  install l ice33-slice mumble-server

No comments:

Post a Comment